getting...

1BadassGN

hey guys whats goin on i just installed my new turbo tweak chip obviously from turbo tweak. its setup for alcohol 19-25* of timing i believe and 20-25psi im at 19psi fuel pressure is set at 43 and alcohol is working properly but seems to get ALOT of knock retard. liek sometimes it doesnt sometimes it does like itll get maybe .2 or 6.5

everythings tight im gonna start by loosening the torque strap

right now im running open down pipe could loud exhaust set it??

What are the o2's showing? They should be 790+ to be safe at WOT, 3rd gear.

What is your gain knob on the Alky controller set at? Every car is different, but mine is at 4.5 & no knock with 23 PSI & stock Alky chip timing (23/21)

I'm not getting your timing comment though. Have you messed with the timing?

TT Alky chips "stock" setting is 23* 1-2 gear & 21* 3-4 gear.

The boost level is written on the chip. Example: 22-24 PSI This means that with the "stock" calibration of the chip, there is enough fuel to support 22-24 PSI. Anything over 24 PSI & you will start to run lean, & will have to add fuel via a scantool & the instructions that came with the chip.

does knock keep rising.. if not it might just be the downpipe hitting or maybe its during a shift?

it never did it before i changed the chip. now its doing it. so i tried retarded the timing through the chip like i said sometimes its there sometimes its not?

today i found a a/c compressor mounting bolt loose so i tightened that up and made sure the rest were and the intercooler brackets were tight torque strap isnt like too tight just about snug. uhm.... other then that im lost.

the gain i have it set all the way up and the pump speed is set on about 5

without making anymore changes, disconnect the orange wire at the battery and put your previous chip back in and take it for a spin and report back if your knock issue has gone away.

But don't forget to disconnect the orange wire and you're gonna have to drive a few miles to let the computer relearn the different chip.

ok ive seemed to isolate it a lil bit tonight it was pretty cool out tonight, and i was driving and i would cruise at liek 25 and punch it and when it shifts it knocks. especially on up shifts.

how much timing are you at on the default?i know you have alky,but my car doesn't like much timing on pump gas

What are you running in the alky tank? Methanol, Heet + water, etc?

For test and tune purposes on the TT site you should make runs to WOT in 3rd. If you slowly accelerate and bring boost up to full throttle, that is where you want to look for knock first. If easing into it it doesn't get KR, then you can start looking for physical things hitting like the DP, exhaust, etc. Romping on it will set off the KR sensor a lot of times, so try to ease into it. Also, like mentioned above, when it starts knocking (or seeing KR) does it increase?

any updates? and did you put your old chip back in to see if the knock went away?