Getting A DFI Today...

arista5

Sold, and Replaced
Staff member
It's being tuned by one of the best.. what gains or differences will i see, will there be a seat of the pants difference?

Depending on how well tuned you were to begin with you might see no gains.
If you were poorly tuned with the stock ecm, and the new guys really do know their stuff, then there will be a night and day difference.

WOT is imprtant, but drivibility is paramount on a street car, and the stock ones are hard to match on that account, again when done right.

it's being done by Turbo People, so i am extremely confident on the work/tuning. as for the before tune, i would say 50/50 chance, i know it could have been better, but i was/am still learning how to properly get these going right :)

With turbo people doing it, you'll definitely feel the difference. It wont' get any better. I think you could say they know what they're doing :)

Another DFI fan

Are you using the Standard, Sportsman, or Professional ecu??

Yes I have decided on the GenVII also. I have spoke to some really knowlegable people from DFI. Just for your information the GenVII will be avialble with the EDIS distributorless ignition this year. I also found out GenVII systems can be upgraded on line without sending them back to a dealer for some mods like yearly upgrades.
This board has given some good insight to both systems (DFI and FAST) I must say that the board seems to be a little bias towards the FAST system but to each his own.

Hope you enjoy the new tune on your DFI system.

:D

not sure which one, just know i got a call on a great deal on one which the guy had upgraded to a gen7, this DFI going in my car ran single digits which is alot more than i plan on doing with the car (for now ;D) But i wont pick it up til the weekend so i am very excited

turbo people are 1 of the best around...heeeee's good !
he was typing on the laptop at 130 mph boy was my duttweiler stage 2 pulling !....hes most capable....do what he says and you will be fine..... see my website for cool pics.

tom duttweiler.7h.com