gettin oil into the throttle body????

buickv6turbo

hey guys well yesterday as i was driving on the freeway i decided to hit the gas and as i was building boost all the sudden my car boged, so i checked and its the up-pipe that came loose from the t/b also i noticed oil getting to the t/b :eek: i know thats bad what should i do in order to clean all the oil getting into the t/b whats a good way to clean it plus can i take the intercooler some place to get it cleaned what can i use to clean it my self anybody go thru this...would love any feed back thanks guys........

I just use throttle body cleaner, or carb cleaner will work also, available at any autoshop store. If your getting a bunch of oil, I would suspect your turbo seals are bypassing. Just rinse your cooler out with some type of cleaner and allow to dry.HTH

hey man.. i just went through that. i took my intercooler and filled it with simple green max and water and shook it up. let it sit for a day, then flushed with a hose for bout 5 mins. then i took a leaf blower and taped it to inlet and blew it dry for bout 15 mins or until no more water comes out. i held a shop towel under the outlet to make sure there was no more mist coming out. i just used carb cleaner to clean my up pipe and wiped my TB out really well. hope this helps man.

hey thanks for the tips guys im going to start taking the pieces of my car as we speak that really scared me last night as i was on the side of the freeway and saw oil on my t/b once again thanks ..

That or you need to install a passenger's side breather bypass kit if you haven't already.

X2....do the breather kit anyway if you haven't already. I was sure my turbo was beetched. Installed the PS breather kit and no more oil in the intercooler. :biggrin:

i went through what he did... but i also has a good amount of oil in my exhaust. turbo seems to be fine. it might rings. i have only driven 300 miles with this car so im trying to eliminate things. i will check the UP in a week for more oil then i will know if its a seal. they had some 108 hotchip in this car and 23lbs of boost. i got it right now but not sure the damage they have done. maybe a valve stuck or something and it didnt create a permanant problem. my oil level has not went down at all but the car smokes through the exhaust periodically. but no smoke under boost.