Genuine GNX center caps

granitestategn

Gettin' there
Hi Guys,

I went to a car show the other night and saw a really clean GNX. I believe it is number 341. Very clean car, 15,XXX miles and not a scratch on it. I had a chance to talk to the owner a bit and he was telling me that he had lost one of his center caps on the highway. He hadn't heard of Kirban's before when I suggested it might be a source, but I figured this may be the best place to find one. There's nothing in it for me as I just want to help the guy out. He also has a 70 GSX so he's definitely a car guy. If someone has one they could spare or knows of the location of a clean used or NOS center cap I'll pass it along to him at trhe next show. I recommended he register on the GNX Registry. He did know about that and planned on doing that at some point. PM me if you can help the guy out.

I bought the T/A center caps

and put GNX decals on them , then put my orig caps away for safe keeping.
no one can tell the diff!
the caps were from Kirbans

caps

Thanks for the replies. I found the ones on Brian's site after posting. It looks like they're around $75 bucks. I'll pass that on to the owner of the X. It sounds like the T/A caps will fit the wheel. I think taking the originals off is a good idea. I think the owner probably will too, since he's already lost one.

The original center caps had all plastic tangs to clip onto the wheel, whereas the later TTA center caps (which look exactly like the original GNX caps) have metal tangs in addition to plastic tangs. The TTA caps hold onto the wheel a lot better than the originals.

BTW In 1998 I lost an original center cap in El Segundo, CA, if anyone found it I'd like it back please. :biggrin:

Isn't it amazing how many people own TR's and never heard of Kirban or turbobuick.com? It's like they live under a rock like on the Geico commercial! Next time you go to a car show, ask any Corvette owner if they heard of Kirban. I guarantee they will say "who?".