gen7 question(chevy)

emtcee1973

i know this isn't a buick question but i figured maybe someone can help...i have a gen7 steup(calmap v4) and i am trying to tune the ve table...motor is a chevy 383..my question is when i run a datalog and i go back to review it,there are some points on the log i can't seem to tune..for example, when vacum is say 9psi i can't seem to take any more fuel out of the ve table...i already have it as low as it will go(.100)and its still real rich..the ve table only goes as low as 13.44..i tried to adjust it to read lower but calmap tells me that the value is out of range and it also says i can't scale the first value in the map axis...is there another table that can be adjusted to solve the problem??i would appreciate any feedback...
thanks,mike

ps..injectors are 30lb/hr

Changing the values on the load axis isn't going to solve anything here. -9 PSI is actually about 20 inches or so of vacuum, and I doubt you are pulling that much vacuum anyway. If you lower the VE value down to .100 and the car is still rich, then I would check the target a/f ratio and the injector flow rate. If both values are reasonable for your application, start looking for physical problems like a leaking injector, fouled plugs, oil burning, etc. 9 times out of 10 this is a physical problem with the engine.

thanks craig,here is a log as an example...as you can see the ve table is at .100 and the log says its .186...what do you think??
mike

Attachments

• log.jpg
    log.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 44
  • logb.jpg
    logb.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 46
also if what does the gen7 go off of at this point? i mean if the ve table only goes down to 13.44 and the actual vacum is say 10 then does it use the values from the 13.44 point??
mike

First of all , i think your datalogging the wrong map. The gen 7 can log map %, map psi and map kpa. I don' t think you are running at 8 kpa unless you are running the car in outer space. The datalog will show the interpolated ve not the exact ve so don't panic there. Check what your datalogging first. I would also say that you should check your control-s screen , like Craig suggested, if thats all ok, check your fuel pressure at the rail if its within spec. ALso make sure your lm-1 is set to 1/12 cycle. Your ve map shows two columns with 5800 rpm, fix that too. Also check your trim on the ve map for now to make sure its at 1.00. If everything is 100% where you think it should be you can start adjusting the trim back on the ve rows where the car idles, this will give your more range if your running out. Check everything first. :confused:

lol!!!sometimes i feel in outer space...i think that you are right about me logging the wrong map....i had it set on map kpa but i must have changed it somehow and not realized it...sometimes i do some stupid sh!t...thanks for the help guys(especially norbs).......
mike