gen 5 m90 swap

turbo3.8monza

my assumption is to complete this swap on my dad's 98 GS is an adaptor plate for the throttle body, Correct me if I'm wrong. Another thing, I heard that the gen 5 M90 is more effiecent than gen 3 granted not as effeicent as a Whipple, again correct if I'm wrong

Here so picture to help you with this conversion.

47d1.jpg

68f1.jpg

GEN 5/Comp-G blower bolted to 2000 yrs model L67.

78c6.jpg

GEN 5/Comp-G rotor case. alot different than the GEN3
5967.jpg

the Gen 5 rotors site 1 inch deeper into the blower case.

7a53.jpg

GEN 5 intake manifold

8793.jpg

9c8f.jpg

GEN 5 /Comp-G blower outlet side.

d4d2.jpg

This adapter plate is require if you plan on using the LS1 or L67 throttle body.

9b17.jpg

Im-provement made to the outlet port. the two blocked off hole are for noise control.

8473re2.jpg

8593re2.jpg

GEN 5 Com-g blower swap on to 2000 yrs model L67.

3bbd.jpg

GEN3 rotor pack vs GEN 5 rotor pack

23aa-1.jpg

201a-1.jpg

GEN 5 blower bolted to L67 intake.

so I have to change the intake manifold also, correct? It looks that way in the pics posted. Also will the pulleys from the gen 3 fit the gen 5, my dad already has the 3.4" pulley on his car

You don`t have to change the lower intake manifold. You will have to match up the blower (square) outlet port with the lower manifold by using the GEN 5 blower gasket. The manifold square port will need to be cut 1 inch longer. the gasket is the perfect template, also you will have to use the GEN 5 fuel rail. the GEN 5 fuel does not come (OEM) with a fuel return line, so you will need to modified by welding (GAS) a return line off with a regulator from the GEN 3. the pulley are the same from the GEN 3/5 M90. All the bearing and seal re-build kit is the same has the GEN3. The Comp-G motor also came with a load bearing alternator pulley. this pully help free up 1-2 hp off the motor since the alternator shaft is not a direct drive off the pulley.

I'll probally just swap the manifold since I have it, I don't like the idea of cutting the intake with it still on the motor and since I have to take it off to modify it might as well put the gen5 on. Since I have the gen5 intake I'll go ahead and going to port match it, deburr it, and all that other good stuff. Do you have any pics of a modified fuel rail?

well crap we're not going to do the swap anytime soon now, the guy we where going to buy the motor from changed his price from $500 to $3500 overnight. But thanks for the help, we might still do it later on.