Gbodyparts.com weatherstripping issue

86GNER

Anyone installed a set of t-top weather seals purchased from Gbodyparts.com. These are not the NOS GM ones they sell but rather what Gbodyparts calls seals from a manufacturer that used to make seals for GM but lost the contract. Gbodyparts says they are not aftermarket. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

I have had mine done, got a guy who works for leakpro to do it, charged me $75.00 cash for the labor. I didn't use the gbody ones though. Do you know who the manufacturer is for the ones Gbody is selling?

If I recall after removing the old ones he used a cleaner to remove any old adhesive. I was lucky there was no rust anywhere and the weather strip came off really well. You also need adhesive to install the new weather stripping, it was from 3M, you can buy it any auto body shop supply store or "A1 auto" if you do a search. This was a not a job I would have done myself, even the pro got messy but the end product was excellent.

I did the doors myself, they were a breeze. There was a how to posted a while ago. I tired searching for you so I could attach a link but I had no luck.

Gm Weather Strip

When i owned my T-Top Gn and bought New GM T-Top weather strip. I didn't want to take a short cut with potential water leaks especially around the T-Tops. That is one area i wanted to make sure is right or you could have problems down the road.