Gave the LS1 5 cars and the move...

Wolfj359

A 6 8 U
Last night I was at the local street races here in Houston when a guy in a 2000 white z-28 with a "spoiled brats racing" sticker on the back windshield wanted to race me. He looked over my car and said he wanted 5 car lengths and the move. I agreed and we raced for $60. As soon as he flinches I take off and pull back all 5 cars, pass him at 100 like he's standing still, and proceed to put 3 more cars on him. He pulls back around and refuses to pay me my money because he says there was no clear finish line. Everybody else in the crowd saw me pull ahead of him but his sticker said it all, "spoiled brats racing". I felt like cracking him upside his head, but these days its not worth it cause you'll get stabbed or shot. I gave him a good view of the "A 6 8 U" on my license plates though and it was well worth it.

Money for that kind of activity should be held by a neutral trustworthy party before the race takes place.

There are no disputes in street racing... one person wins... the other loses. If someone jumped early they did so because they were going to get away with it anyway. I always viewed handicaps as a way to obtain a better outcome and took every advantage of it in my earlier street racing days. I never followed the handicap. Cheating? Your doing an illegal activity anyways... There are no rules. Your risking your car, your license... your wallet... and your very life.

When the other party cried foul... screaming "You left early!" The proper answer in response... "Why did you attempt to race me to the other end then?"

The money was always handed over...

I gave it up because of the gang member influence... guns, alcohol, and the bystanders who had to have their part in throwing beer cans and bottles at the participants.

Sounds like a fun race at least. I learned my lesson the hard way too. Raced a guy for $20 in his brand new LS1 that his parent's bought him. He had cut me off earlier and instead of get in a fight I offered to race for money. Long story short we were on a dark back road, me and my girlfriend and him and 3 of his friends. He said he didn't have any money when the time came to pay and him and his friends started to surround me so I left. I found the little punk two weeks later by himself and took $20 from him. I haven't raced for money since but if I ever do there will be a neutral party holding the money.

Let this be a lesson to you. Always get a third party to hold the money up front. No money - no race.

Yeah we usually have someone hold the money but this time for some reason he said the drivers would just hold on to it. Never again!!

Sweet, I've seen you around

Hey Justin,
Good kill, too bad the guy couldn't take being beat. It seems too many people around here are like that. I've seen you and your car around all the time, and I rode in it with Jeff when you had the car for only a few weeks (I was in the back, we pulled up in a black Honda Accord). It's a beautiful machine and my friends and I always point when you go by.

I agree with everyone abou the 3rd holding party. At our "outlaw track" the track manager cooks up/announces the race(car lengths,moves and how much $$) and he'll even hold the money. I'd like to go to Houston with the T and race a near stock Viper and beat it. My car runs mid 11s@117 so that shouldn't be a problem. I'd videotape it and show it to my college buds,they'd be dumfounded.

Cryptic, are you talking about Jeff that works at Conley's or Jeff A that just bought a GN?

Jeff that just bought a GN, the one who called you the other day when he was having trouble with his sparks. Sorry, I should've specified.

nice kill justin; too bad about the money; most people today are very dishonest so its not surprising; also the fact that he drives a chevy could be it too!

:D

tony

thats not nice about chevy's. we all have to respect our cars and the ideals in having them. if you commit to race for money, then win or lose, you have respect for the other car and driver. i'll be suprising a few GN's in the next year or so when they pull up to my 5.7 TPI twin turbo monte(not turbo yet).

Originally posted by Gruvin84SS
thats not nice about chevy's. we all have to respect our cars and the ideals in having them. if you commit to race for money, then win or lose, you have respect for the other car and driver. i'll be suprising a few GN's in the next year or so when they pull up to my 5.7 TPI twin turbo monte(not turbo yet).
Sounds like it will be a nice ride when you are finished,I am glad you said a "few" GN's some Gn's out there with 2less pistons and 1less turbo will still surprise you..:D