Gauging interest, Whats it worth?

spidereyes

I have an 85 T I've been thinking of selling, first off the bad. As far as I'm concerned the body is shot beyond repair due to rust in the floors trunk drivers side kick panel and worst of all rotted away at several of the body mounts. And I have disassembled most all of the trim and interior in an effort to start restoring it before I finally was able to convince myself it probably wasnt worth the money I would have to shell out to fix the body.

The good, its a clean title with 92,000 miles, an astro roof car (works but weatherstripping is shot). It does run and none of the driveline has ever been modded, has correct BQ trans and 8.5 rear (not a posi)

I have many parts I aquired along the way that would be available with the car if the price was right, such as an almost mint set of bucket seats and perfect matching back seat from an 87 T, nice tailights and restorable taillight and headlight bezels. A nice chrome front bumper with aluminum support and a decent rear bumper with aluminum support. A few nice front side marker lights, a new in box hooker exaust though it was taken out to inspect it. An adjustable wastegate (bought from a member on here) ect.

So my question is what could I expect to get for it with and without th extra parts? I know the economy is bad and most of us dont have a whole lot of cash to throw around right now, but I would appreciate any input good or bad. I'd also be open to any offers. Thanks Jim

Guess I'll be the one to either help you...or insult you...(not intensionally though) I would say, pending pics or an in-person inspection...not more than $500-$700 MAX. Realistically,(by your description) it's no more than a parts car, and being a hot air, not many would be interested in the drivetrain. Not trying to upset you or anything...but you asked.:redface: Good luck. ---Keith

My friend just bought an 87-T with about the same body as your car except mint drivers door and trunk lid, complete interior, and he drove it home for $800.

Dave

Not insulted at all turbonut, I know these arent worth a whole lot especially in this condition. Sad part is I already realized its worth more if I were to part it out myself than to sell it complete.

to bad its rotted out :( your right about maybe being worth more in parts, but only if you have select pieces still in nice shape. (console, tailgihts, etc.. the brq trannys in these things unfortunetly aren't worth anymore than a core. engine and accys, are sometimes hard to give away. the 8.5 rear would probably be worth the most. ($400-$700)

good luck, hate to see another one bite the dust though :frown: