Gauge hook-up questions

Nascarcamper

Installed Autometer Carbon Fiber Oil Pressure (electric), Water Temp, Volt and Boost gauges today, they look sweet with the GN interior, now about hooking them up.... whats the popular consensus about installing the sending units? I see the factory water temp off the intake, I'm thinking to pull it and install a brass tee to hold both, same thing down on the oil pressure above the filter, is this what most do or is there another option? What about boost pressure, tee off the waste gate solenoid of is there another option here also? Anybody have any pictures of the way they did it? Any and all help is appreciated here. Thanks in advance, Regards, Tim

The water temp sensor should go on the right side front of the intake. Just replace the temp idiot light sender with the sender for the gauge. Do not "t" them. For boost splice into the map sensor line on the right side of the motor.

Thanks for the quick response. The ECM does not look at the factory temp signal? What about oil pressure, any ideas there? Regards, Tim

Thanks for the quick response. The ECM does not look at the factory temp signal? What about oil pressure, any ideas there? Regards, Tim

The ECM does look at the engine temp. That is the sensor with two wires on the left side front of the intake. For oil pressure, just "T" in where the oil pressure switch is located below the turbo.

Thanks for the response. DOES the ECM look at oil pressure from this sensor? Or can I eliminate all idiot lights? Anybody know for sure?

ECM doesn't know oil pressure, its only a switch for the light just like the single wire temp sensor mentioned above. I added a fitting and ran a line out from the oil feed at the top of the turbo for my oil pres gauge.

ECM doesn't know oil pressure, its only a switch for the light just like the single wire temp sensor mentioned above. I added a fitting and ran a line out from the oil feed at the top of the turbo for my oil pres gauge.

The ECM does not look at the oil pressure, but you must retain the factory oil pressure switch as it turns the power off to the fuel pump if there is no oil pressure.