Gasket size for ATR crossover pipe?

1QuikV6

SSgt, US Marine Corps
Can anyone tell me what size gasket goes between the Header and the ATR SS crossover pipe? I have an ATR SS drivers side replacement header and stock passenger header. It did come with the kit but I've lost them and ATR is not open on the weekend. :(

I think it is 2 1/4" but I'm not sure.

Pretty sure they don't get gaskets there. At least stockers don't. I bought one of those ATR crossovers and it went on like a stocker- no gaskets.

I seem to recall a couple of dounut gaskets coming with the exhaust system. I went gasketless when I put the crossover on but since installing the HRParts&Stuff solid motor mount, the crossover and flywheel and rubbing. There is a huge leak in the crossover now (from constantly prying the two away from each other) and was hoping the dounut gaskets would give me room betwee the crossover and flywheel. As well as sealing up the leak.

You should check to see if the opening on your headers is round and not "egg" shaped at all. Sometimes they can become out of round, and the stock crossover will fit but the ATR one won't. It is very difficult to seal also. It sounds like you've got the crossover installed wrong, as it shouldn't be close enough to rub on the flexplate, regardless of mounts. Take it off and check the openings, then if all is well, try to reinstall it while holding it in the correct position. Good luck. I sent mine back because it was too hard to deal with, and one of my headers was egged a little.

Rob, we just had mine out and there were no gaskets in there, and looked like it was designed for no gaskets. We put a bead of high temp silicone in the joints to be sure of the seal.

Thanks for your help TurboSam6. I'll give that a look.

John, I was under the same impression when I installed it initially.

I'm wondering if after installing the motor mount we put the crossover pipe on backwards. Time to jack the car up and take a looksee.

If you put it in backwards, it will definitely rub. I've heard of guys using the hightemp rtv to help it seal. I personally have to re-torque mine a few times after removing it to get it sealed up. HTH

I just pulled it off and noticed one of the welded nuts on the paasenger side header has broken off. I don't have a tool to hold it in place while I tighten the bolt. I don't want to pull the downpipe off because I don't have the hex heads to do it.

Any ideas? And I don't see how the crossover can be put on but one way. :confused:

I think that it was how it was installed, all kattywampus like, that caused it to rub the flexplate.

I really need to buy some more tools;)

Crossover is on. It just needed taken down and readjusted. Thanks for your input turbosam6.

No, I did not. I was able to tighten it for now. Although I do plan on getting it fixed someday.

And no sooner did I get done, a lightning storm hit. :D

well, if it comes to this try this-

if the bolt has broken off in the header, soak it in PB BLASTER napa sells it, and it eats rust-

drill and tap it, if the threads are beyond repair, then you can always use a smaller diameter bolt that is longer to go from the top of the header to the bottom of the x over-

then you can use that bolt to sinch it together rather than pulling the header off-

or if the header has to come off, and the nut is messed up, then cut out the old one, and weld in another nut
:)