Gall stones = not fun!

troGNman

Got Portholes?
I just got home from the hospital after suffering a bout of gall stones.

Last week I had a dull throb to the left of my naval that just wouldn't go away. I figured it was just gas and it would subside. It didn't, it got worse to the point I was doubled over and starting vomitting. I checked into the local hospital Saturday night and was diagnosed with panceatitis, or inflamed pancreas. I was put on a diet of just liquids for the past few days and they pumped me full of antibiotics and liquids to keep me hydrated. The swelling went down and I was told to watch my diet for the next few weeks. Ultimately I may have to get my gall bladder removed if I choose.

Has anybody else experienced this painful ordeal?

I just got home from the hospital after suffering a bout of gall stones.

Last week I had a dull throb to the left of my naval that just wouldn't go away. I figured it was just gas and it would subside. It didn't, it got worse to the point I was doubled over and starting vomitting. I checked into the local hospital Saturday night and was diagnosed with panceatitis, or inflamed pancreas. I was put on a diet of just liquids for the past few days and they pumped me full of antibiotics and liquids to keep me hydrated. The swelling went down and I was told to watch my diet for the next few weeks. Ultimately I may have to get my gall bladder removed if I choose.

Has anybody else experienced this painful ordeal?

Wow. Chuck... I wish you a speedy recovery! Hope to see you at E-Town this year!

Good luck,

Claude. :wink:

Thanks for the well-wishes Claude, I appreciate that.

I look forward to E-Town as well. Should be a little different now that Musclepalooza pulled out on Labor Day.

Sorry to hear. Def doesn't sound like fun. Hope everything works out and that you have a speedy recovery as well.

I've been there, had a few attacks and all at the worst possible time. Watch what you, fatty foods especially could trigger another attack. Worst pain I had ever felt and it lasted for hours. I had surgery to have them removed, they actually remove your gal bladder. It was day surgery, in and out and almost no scars on my god like core.

I get cold chills thinking about how bad it hurt. Good luck.