gain setting

Just as a quick check, take off the speaker wires from the amp... Place one lead from the meter on a wire, and the other on where the amp grounds... see if you get a ohm's reading at all.

ANY reading except *infinity* and you've got a wire shorted. A shorted wire will cause all the heat problems you've been having.

good point.

Where should I ground amps?

Anywhere close to the amps other than the seat brace. A good solid surface on the body is good. Use the same grounding point for sub amp

No power and ohms at crossovers showed 3.4-3.5, and the amp terminals showed a 3.6 and a 3.7.
As a reference my JL coaxles showed 3.3 on both.

1 speaker per channel. I'm only using channels 1 and 2 with no 3 and 4 as of now.

So, ohms are good? There is no volt drop. Internal amp problem?

thank you

You must be running seperates. The impedance (ohms) looks good. I don't see a problem there. So the other 3 & 4 channels are not being used? Not connected at all?

If everything looks good take it back to where you got it from and have them swap it out if it's still new. Did you just bought it? Under warranty?

Anywhere close to the amps other than the seat brace. A good solid surface on the body is good. Use the same grounding point for sub amp

You must be running seperates. The impedance (ohms) looks good. I don't see a problem there. So the other 3 & 4 channels are not being used? Not connected at all?

If everything looks good take it back to where you got it from and have them swap it out if it's still new. Did you just bought it? Under warranty?

So I should drill a hole for ground?

I got the amp at Ikesound.com, I emailed today and I have to send it back and purchase another one. Or I can a wait 8 weeks to get it back from the repair shop. :cool:

I think I'm going to just buy another alpine f450 and hope that it works out, unless anyone has any other $200 amp suggestions.

I think I might want to buy components also, just to cover my ass. I dont want to but, I know my crossovers are thrashed.

TURBOV6 and others do these look like a decent buy/upgrade from my kicker ks comps?
CDT Audio CL-S50A - CDT Audio Classic 5.25" 2 Way Component Speakers
Should I look into Focal, Rainbow, ADL in the same price range?
I listen to led zep, black sabbath, iron maiden etc..

All I wanted was a decent stereo and it has turned into a huge project. what else can you expect with these cars :rolleyes:

phil

So I should drill a hole for ground?

I got the amp at Ikesound.com, I emailed today and I have to send it back and purchase another one. Or I can a wait 8 weeks to get it back from the repair shop. :cool:

I think I'm going to just buy another alpine f450 and hope that it works out, unless anyone has any other $200 amp suggestions.

I think I might want to buy components also, just to cover my ass. I dont want to but, I know my crossovers are thrashed.

TURBOV6 and others do these look like a decent buy/upgrade from my kicker ks comps?
CDT Audio CL-S50A - CDT Audio Classic 5.25" 2 Way Component Speakers
Should I look into Focal, Rainbow, ADL in the same price range?
I listen to led zep, black sabbath, iron maiden etc..

All I wanted was a decent stereo and it has turned into a huge project. what else can you expect with these cars :rolleyes:

phil

Sure drilling a hole is fine but make sure you have a screw or bolt to tighten it good to the surface. Make sure get a good contact on the surface ground, scrape and sand it. I also use a star washer so it bites into the metal

If you purchased you amplifier from a aurthorized alpine dealer that you should be able to have it fixed locally. Ask them if they got a aurthorized alpine repair center near you.

Those CDT speakers used to be called cliff design. They use to be good, never heard them along time now but thet USE to be one of the better sounding seperates out there. They are cheap but don't think the 5.25" will clear the door. I always tell my customers spend you money on a good quality pair of speakers make a huge difference in sound quality. Those european brand speakers are HIGH end stuffs which you can't go wrong with. The best thing to do is hear a set for yourself not listening to others, let you ears decide.