G-Body vs A-Body?

BiGBoY

Hi, who really know the difference between the A-Body (78 to more or less 81 Regal, Century,Gp,etc.) and the G-Body (81 and up) ??

The reason for this question is that my friend have a frame (in better condition than mine) taken from a Cutlass from the 80s. Its a G-bodied car and mine is a A-bodied one. Is it interchangeable??

Thanks for your help.

A-BODY vs. G-BODY REGALS - All 1978-87 Regals are essentially the same car. However, for 1981, the Regal's sheetmetal received an aerodynamic upgrade. The 1978-'80 Regals share all major sheetmetal, while the 1981-'87 are the same (with the exception of a header panel change for 1984). The 1978 Regal was designated an A-body, along with the Century. In 1982, the Century split from the Regal and became front-wheel drive. The '82 Century kept the A-body name while the Regal was now called a G-body. Many publications (GM and non-GM) tend to group the 1981 Regal with the 1978-'80 models because they share the A-body name. It is more appropriate to group it with the 1982-'87 cars, since it has more in common with them.

A and G's are the same. Just a name change. HTH