G-body Pontiac motor Mounts?

81LimitedT

Hey everyone!
I have an opportunity from a friend who has a 70 RamAiriV GTO Judge. He has a Pontiac 326 & HP 350 sitting around. He jokingly said they might be avail. to put in my Regal. I don't think my Regal is a good recipient, but I do know of an 86 Grand Prix that would be a better choice. Does anyone know how I might find a set of factory (or repro) mounts to put a Pontiac into a Pontiac that currently has a 5.0 GM (not sure if it's a 305Chevy or a 307Olds)?
Thanks,
Mike

A 301 Pontiac v-8 was available in the g-bodys(Regal,Grand Prix) from 78-81 just use those mounts with any Pontiac v-8 301-455 and it is a bolt in deal all accessories swap too

From what I remember on Pontiacs(used to own a 76 TA 455-4spd) the 350 will bolt onto the 301 mounts but the 326 may not. Pontiac V-8s depending on the year have two different motor mounts. Have you tried the Pontiac web sites? I've seen plenty of 400 powered G-bodies running around so I would think the 301 stuff is what you want.

Eric Fisher

Up to 1969 Pontiac used 2 bolts to attach the mounts. 3 bolt mounts went from 1970 on. You may want to pose the question to the folks at www.poci.org

There were some blocks that could use both the 3 bolt and 2 bolt mounts and some that may have required adapters depending on the application. also according to an article in High performance Pontiac (Aug 2000) about engine mounts, you may have to drill holes in the frame (this seemed a little odd to me)