G body lower door panels

whitecobra98

I finally got around to installing my new upper and lower door panels.. i bought the lowers with the provision for the speaker in them from gbody..i bought the upper panels from nos4gn to match my seats..problem is I cant attach the armrests bcuz where the screws go to secure them down, there are two large cut out holes from the manufacturer..anyone run into this problem b4?

Pictures?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Sent from my DROIDX using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Attachments

• 1374073213285.jpg
    1374073213285.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 328
Look at your orig panels.
The holes at the bottom are for the arm rest pad.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1374089987.810547.jpg

You are gonna have to do some cutting
On the stock door panel those clips are attached to hold the two screws from the arm rest in. You need to use similar clips and make those hole to the edge of the door panel to where it starts going up. It also looks like you have to drill out the holes where those indents are for the screws that go into the door.

Thats what im thinking but seems kind of strange that they put the slots in but two giant holes where there only had to be 2 small nibs to.mount the armrest where it is supposed to be.

The whole door.panel with armrest resting on top

Attachments

• 1374262885212.jpg
    1374262885212.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 176
U need to slide the screw clips inside the round holes and position them in a way to catch the screws. Once the screws are tigh they hold pretty well.

I have 2 beyma 6.5's in each door loud and clear. Opening and closing the doors the screws always come loose, I put thread lock on them tore vent that.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 155
Can you tell me how the lowers attach? are they like stock with clips on the back side? or screw holes or something else?