Funny Little EVO

SYTECH

I was heading home down Tustin Ave. late last night (9:50 pm), street pretty deserted, driving the GN , stopped at a red light, when all of a sudden a little red EVO pulls up next to me, drivers window open, stereo blarring, bass thumping and the driver starts throwing some revs out of his humongous fart can.

I looked over at the car and gave the driver a smirk while thinking "you've got to be *ucking kidding me"

I can hear his car reving, and reving, and reving as the left turn lane light goes green so I know i have about 15 seconds until the main light goes green

Check the streets ahead, check the streets behind, and hit the electric exhaust cutout

I know theres no sense in building any boost because I'm running pure street tires and I know that I'll just blow them away, so I just brought the rpm up on the convertor, just below where I would build some boost and waited

Light goes green, I take off without spinning, the EVO jumps out about 1/2 a car length in front on me about halfway through the intersection and then my turbo boost came up screaming, rear tires started smoking, traction hitting on and off, a$$ end wiggling side to side, and I jumped past him as we cleared the other side of the intersection and proceeded to fill the interior of his car full of roasted BF Goodrich rubber & smoke

Now he can go home and explain to his girlfriend why his car smells like roasted Camel A$$ for the next week

Race was over and done within 100 feet and I looked in the rearview mirror at the cloud of smoke hanging over the street and smiled

I stopped at the next light and the EVO comes up alongside of me again and the guy gives me a thumbs up and then asks me if my car was supercharged, or something........lol

It's hard to believe that people still do not realize what a GN is all about

This post is not intended to glorify street racing or entice other drivers to follow my poor example, but I'm more than happy to go back to school from time to time to put the fear of god back into the younger "ricer" generation.

Later

Ray

good kill ray, i once raced a evo at irwindale i could hear him telling his friends he was gonna smoke me so bad...... he lost by 3 cars:rolleyes:

BF Goodrich rubber & smoke

now go home and explain to girlfriend why car smells like roasted Camel A$$

Race was over and done within 100 feet

guy gives me a thumbs up and then asks me if my car was supercharged, or something........lol

It's hard to believe that people still do not realize what a GN is all about

This post is not intended to glorify street racing or entice other drivers to follow my poor example, but I'm more than happy to go back to school from time to time to put the fear of god back into the younger "ricer" generation.

Later

Ray

nice ray! holding it down for the o town.

dont worry after fast n phagcurious 4 comes out ricers will finally be educated. also "my poor example" lol your too much, we all do it ray from time to time no need to reduce yourself :) besides you've been more then nice to everyone so if someone wants to step up let them and bitch slap down them again heh.

btw god is fear - this is the city of orange anyways the kid probably asked mom n dad for the car, and he's to busy studying youtube instead
of reading up on engine parts vs overall performance. Not to mention he's probably laid many other street cars to rest with that AWD, I bet he was freaking pissed haha. you the man ray!

and not to mention on tustin, crazy ray. but the sheriffs have taken over the night shift on many of the PD routes. At least thats what I have seen @ night round town, more sheriffs then orange PD's latly. Car looks great on the road ray, way fawking jealous, and hey you dont even see me in my prius its great! your car looks sick, mean, sounds good too I have no idea why the rice decided to take on steak for dinner. we all know that steak will always win!
XxDarkSidexX

Nice one Ray! ;) I love hearing a good cooked rice story. There's this guy that lives by me with a WRX, he's always revving and showing off. He hasn't seen my car yet but his time will come. ;) Great Job Ray!!! :D

My GN is still a work in progress, but EVO's and STi's are always trying their luck with my Camaro.:rolleyes:
It's a lot of fun giving them the jump and then letting the thunder of 502 ci come to bear on them while blowing past them sideways with the wheels smokin' off in 2nd gear.:biggrin:

My GN is still a work in progress, but EVO's and STi's are always trying their luck with my Camaro.:rolleyes:
It's a lot of fun giving them the jump and then letting the thunder of 502 ci come to bear on them while blowing past them sideways with the wheels smokin' off in 2nd gear.:biggrin:

good one Ray...... hope those ricers learn their lesson, what were they thinking!?! they knew what they were dealing with........... or maybe they must had think..... Hmmmm is this a regular black regal or a real grand national???...... well at the end they realized that they got BURNED!!!!!!!......BAD!!!!!! by a REAL GN!!!ha!!!!ha!!!!!!ha!!!!!

way to school that kid and his evo sytech. Hi fellas, i'm a newbie proud to be a owner of a 87 g/n with some upgrades looking forward to seeing you guys at irwindale or at some gatherings, take care fellas

I ran into one of them on the freeway near san onofre in my turbo Porsche which is no slouch & almost had my ass handed to me it wasn't till about 140 that I was able to pass him.There was no way I was going to let up till I went by him.Don't know what he had done to it but it got my attention heard stories about 500 h.p. out of one of those things.

way to school that kid and his evo sytech. Hi fellas, i'm a newbie proud to be a owner of a 87 g/n with some upgrades looking forward to seeing you guys at irwindale or at some gatherings, take care fellas

Welcome!
Post some pix of your GN and info on your combo.

Have you taken out a 2nd mortgage to create your GN slush fund yet?:rolleyes:
Better get started.:biggrin:
Let me know if you need a referal for a loan agent.

I ran into one of them on the freeway near san onofre in my turbo Porsche which is no slouch & almost had my ass handed to me it wasn't till about 140 that I was able to pass him.There was no way I was going to let up till I went by him.Don't know what he had done to it but it got my attention heard stories about 500 h.p. out of one of those things.

Glad you prevailed and lived to tell, pappa Lou.:D
No doubt, there are some killers out there, but the vast majority of them are straight off the lot with a fart can and maybe a tune adjustment.

I'll never forget the time back in the early 80's when I got spanked in my last 68 Camaro (small block mid 14 car)by a....wait for it.....VW Bug.
It was the cutest little thing with it's little stinger tailpipe and half open engine lid just sitting there at a red light...sputtering and reving at me. I wanted to get out and give it a pat on it's bubble top.:smile:
Light went green .....and that was the last time I saw anything but his taillights. Coulda sworn he lifted the wheels...:eek:
Sounded like an angry little bumblee bee took off and flew away.

I had to kick all the witnesses out of my car and make them walk home cuz they were laughing at my pain.:mad:

100 Lbs of Boost

I remember the semi truck out at Fontana that was running 4 turbos and reportedly putting out 100 lbs of boost

Now thats what I need in my daily driver....lol

I also remember getting a 30 psi boost spike on my GNX that destroyed a ceramic turbo too. Talk about a pecker check :biggrin:

I had the car 3 days, drove it from Washington State (in the rain) down to the OC with no problems, and proceeded to pulverize the hot side turbo wheel in 3 seconds flat the 1st time I go WOT (boost line was torn). Thank goodness for John Craig (Limit Engineering) and a spare GNX ceramic wheel & shaft assembly ($750.00 :eek:)

Now I'm just like Rick Percy, running only 10 lbs of boost..;)

Later

Ray

I remember attending a Brizio's Muscle Car Shootout at Bakersfield back in the early 80's.

A big brown Kenworth rolled up onto the line for a run. Everyone was laughing.

Then when the musclecar he was up against...I can't recall what it was...got the green light 1.5 seconds ahead of the truck. The laughter stopped.
The truck got his green...launched... and commenced to hopping all over the place as all it's rear wheels spun, and blowing black smoke as it proceeded to run the muscle car down.
The Kenny caught him without breaking out...did a 13.0 something.
The crowd went wild as they found a new fan favorite in that Kenworth.

Made me a beleiver in that truck from the movie "Duel"

I remember attending a Brizio's Muscle Car Shootout at Bakersfield back in the early 80's.

A big brown Kenworth rolled up onto the line for a run. Everyone was laughing.

Then when the musclecar he was up against...I can't recall what it was...

It was a Camaro Tim, A Blue Camaro w/ 502!!! :D lol

I remember the semi truck out at Fontana that was running 4 turbos and reportedly putting out 100 lbs of boost

Now thats what I need in my daily driver....lol

I also remember getting a 30 psi boost spike on my GNX that destroyed a ceramic turbo too. Talk about a pecker check :biggrin:

I had the car 3 days, drove it from Washington State (in the rain) down to the OC with no problems, and proceeded to pulverize the hot side turbo wheel in 3 seconds flat the 1st time I go WOT (boost line was torn). Thank goodness for John Craig (Limit Engineering) and a spare GNX ceramic wheel & shaft assembly ($750.00 :eek:)

Now I'm just like Rick Percy, running only 10 lbs of boost..;)

Later

Ray

You didn't get the memo? 10psi is the new TSM 24psi....:tongue: