Full throttle timing cover

Instro84

USAF retired
anyone bought a timing cover from full throttle and had fitment issues? the on i bought extends past the bottom of the block about 1/16 in.

I bought one, will be going on the car soon.

I see your location is Cal City, is that Calumet City, IL?

It is the same cover most folks sell. It should not extend that far, it will extend a bit, but not 1/16" we will be happy to replace it if it is bad
Mike

Mike' had a chance to check cover today. the cover extends about .045 below the block surface when torqued.

A buddy of mine bought a timing cover from full throttle and it was not right and sent it back and got another and it was not correct either. It's not Mike's fault because they all come from same place.

Got another cover from Mike yesterday and fit it on the engine. it also extends down past the oil pan rail. looks like i'll have to tear down the block and take it in to get the timing cover machined to fit.

Look very close for casting flaws as well. I had a hairline crack in mine, found this out after it strated spraying oil all over the passenger side front brake pad. Good times! Jb weld is my friend....