Full Throttle Mini Cooper edition last night

Little6pack

Another Full throttle 1st..

I don't care much for the MINI COOPERS but the Road car racing was cool.

I decided to duck that one out....they're out of cool cars- I mean how long can a show like that last? I managed to sit through the VW Bug one. I laughed when they were talking that they're 'high performance' engine had a whopping 160 hp or whatever......I was unaware that you could lift the wheels in one of them with that little power.

The latest Car and Driver has a Honda Vtec powered Mini that runs 13.4 in the 1/4 mile (1700lbs). With an 80" wheelbase, it's an exciting ride (probably damn, scary, too.) Do it yourself kits are $2500 less motor and mini.

Buick Content: here's one with a Buick 215 V8

Originally posted by DCEPTCN
I decided to duck that one out....they're out of cool cars- I mean how long can a show like that last? I managed to sit through the VW Bug one. I laughed when they were talking that they're 'high performance' engine had a whopping 160 hp or whatever......I was unaware that you could lift the wheels in one of them with that little power.

"Whopping 160"? Put that 160 in a car that weighs about 1750 with driver and do the math. And thats very mild compared to some VWs. There have been many Vee Dubs running in the 10s
with the same basic flat 4, pushrod engine.