Fuel wiring upgrade question

tb3

elbows & a$$holes
I know the fuel wiring kit upgrade is a must for the 86/87 turbobuicks, I assume its also a good idea for our 84/85's? I plan on installing a new tank, straps, and hi-performance fuel pump this winter, but was just on caspers electonics website and was getting ready to finally order my air temp sensor so I can get my ECM conversion done and noticed they sell the fuel wiring upgrade kit too. I could go ahead and grab that now if this is something the performance of my car will benefit from. thanks in advance for any input

You can get the fuel pump & hot wire kit for our cars at http://www.racetronix.com/RX-G7-FPKG.html it is top quality. I have one :biggrin: .

Also I don't think you need an air temp sensor with an ecm conversion if you are going with a http://www.turbotweak.com/ chip. I was told by a very knowledgeable person with TR's that Eric can burn a chip that does not look for that sensor. Then you do not have to change your wiring harness either, just the pin configuration at the ecm. I still have the 84 ecm so do not take my word for it, Eric has his own message board so find out from the expert himself.

The MAT sensor is not needed for the 84/85's they didn't have it to begin with so they don't really need it. But it is a cheap simple mod so I added it to get rid of the idiot light.

T

Wow! If I can get a chip that doesn't look for it, I'll try and go that route. I will try and get in contact with. thanks!

Also thanks for the link to racetronix, I'll just go ahead and get the wire kit from caspers, and I'll look into racetronix when I'm ready to put on new tank and pump this fall.

God I love bumping my own threads! This is 3 in a row! Might be a new record for me.
Actually, I think I'll wait till after I check with turbotweak and see if I can indeed get around the air temp thing, and if I can, I'll just get the fuel wire/pump combo from racetronix, their wire kit is a little cheaper anyway. thanks again for the links!