Fuel system upgrades (again)

Despite my better judgement, I went to the track yesterday for the season's last TNT at my local track. Sunny and low-60's, dry air. 1st pass the Nittos were at 15psi, boost at 20.

I do a big burnout, throw the car in D, and hold the brakes until boost hits 8-10psi, and launch- the car doesn't hook worth crap, almost does another burnout in the 60'....let off, get back in, and hooks and scoots. ended up with a 2.5 second 60', BUT with my highest trap speed ever at 112mph (1/4 time was 12.8). AFR was only 10.6-10.8, so I add one pound of boost.

I repeat for the second pass, launch a little softer, 1/4 time drops to 12.54, still 112mph. Up the boost once again

Third pass, 22psi boost, 17 psi in the Nittos, launch at 4-5psi-tires spin a little, i reel back, and get back into it. Car hooks and pulls, I pass the 2016 Mustang like he was in reverse and get my fastest time ever at a 12.108 with a 1.875 60' and 112,69mph. New best.

I was being a dumb dumb and making a rookie mistake when tuning earlier this month-I was doing it on OD, not in D. In D, the car ran richer, and didn't complain about running lean. Fastest mph went from 108-112.69.

Finally some signs of life with the car. A volt booster will still probably be a good idea, but my fuel system might be enough.

Kelly

Nice .. ok .. now turn it up :)

Well, sounds like you just have bugs to work out and nothing too serious yet.
I did just purchase a Racetronix 680 and my 510 double pumper will be up for sale soon

Yeah, it just needs some fine tuning, I think. Thanks, but I am going to try to stay with the DW300 and see if I can run stock lines.