Fuel Sending unit

I almost forgot to mention i purchased a sending unit from him almost 2 years ago with no problems:biggrin:

While I respect and encourage supporting our vendors, I also understand some of us just don't have deep pockets to pay for NOS stuff and thus must make due with a like item for less that can get us by, be it new or used.

OP, if you're referring to the Spectra FG156A fuel sending unit, I just completed the install of one in my car over the weekend. So far it works great and fits great and the float/variable resistor for the fuel level gauge seem to be right on, however I have yet to fill the tank up to ensure a leak free seal. (Will be doing that in a few days)

I did run into an issue of getting the pump hanger assembly in due to the plastic fuel sending unit being larger than the stock one. You can however finagle it in if you are running a Walbro pump, just be prepared to have some patience.

I also encourage that when you do this swap, you upgrade the wiring harness from the inside of the pump hanger to the pump itself. The wiring they supply you with is tiny (it's like 18 gauge or so) and also has the smaller (stock I'm guessing) pigtail. What fuel pump will you be running? If you get the newer style Walbro that Racetronix or Turbo Tweak sells, it will come with this upgraded wiring kit that will replace the "dental floss" wires.

HTH

While I respect and encourage supporting our vendors, I also understand some of us just don't have deep pockets to pay for NOS stuff and thus must make due with a like item for less that can get us by, be it new or used.

X2 On the deep pockets comment.

OP, if you're referring to the Spectra FG156A fuel sending unit, I just completed the install of one in my car over the weekend. So far it works great and fits great and the float/variable resistor for the fuel level gauge seem to be right on, however I have yet to fill the tank up to ensure a leak free seal. (Will be doing that in a few days)

I did run into an issue of getting the pump hanger assembly in due to the plastic fuel sending unit being larger than the stock one. You can however finagle it in if you are running a Walbro pump, just be prepared to have some patience.

I also encourage that when you do this swap, you upgrade the wiring harness from the inside of the pump hanger to the pump itself. The wiring they supply you with is tiny (it's like 18 gauge or so) and also has the smaller (stock I'm guessing) pigtail. What fuel pump will you be running? If you get the newer style Walbro that Racetronix or Turbo Tweak sells, it will come with this upgraded wiring kit that will replace the "dental floss" wires.

HTH

I bought my fuel pump from Turbo tweak a while back and I'm finally getting around it. :biggrin: Thanks for the info on this, I really appreciate it.:smile:

You could also buy a used one here I bet. That's for those who want quality but don't mind used parts. Pretty sure a few are floating around out there. I know I have a spare thats in perfect condition.