Fuel Rail thread sizes

TMGN

I'm doing a fuel system on my 86 GN.Running a fuel cell with external pump to 8AN feed and 6 an return.Need to know what adapter fittings to use to go from the AN lines to the stock fuel rails?Part #'s?Thread size?Suggestions?Vendors?I've heard that its a 3/8" Saginaw?Thanks Tony

im almost done doing mine, i will post up the pics with all the part numbers you will need

Thanks for all the replies.You are right on the restriction of the saginaw fittings.So what the procedure or parts needed to weld the fittings on?How much do you cut off the fuel press reg?Will the heat from welding screw up the FPR?What fittings would I need?Thanks Tony

TMGN said:
Thanks for all the replies.You are right on the restriction of the saginaw fittings.So what the procedure or parts needed to weld the fittings on?How much do you cut off the fuel press reg?Will the heat from welding screw up the FPR?What fittings would I need?Thanks Tony

On the feed I cut off the fitting behinf the hex right where it is brazed on. I then welded a male -10 steel fitting.

I cut the regulator off similiar to the feed and welded a male -6 aluminum fitting to it. It did not appear to warp it since I still get the same 1:1 fuel pressure increase, but it is possible. Find someone that tigs aluminum well. I don't know if I have to tell you to dissasemble it first, but yeah.... dissasemble it first (assuming that you have a billet style AFPR).