Fuel Pump Fuse????

BAD WE4

I'll start by saying I do not know what fuel pump is in my car.The car has a adjustable regulator and complete braided lines.And also a aftermarket guage so I assume some fuel system work has been done.The car had stock inj,and I recentley replaced them with 65 lb,inj,The car started to blow the fuel pump fuse every now and then at WOT.If you drive it easy It's fine.The car doesnt have a hot wire kit and I wonder if the new Inj, are making the pump work harder and causing the problem?Also in the morning the car cranks for a long time then the fuel pressure guage comes up and it starts fine,and will start fine the rest of the day.If it matters the Inj, are high imp, Please any help would be greatly appreaciated. :confused:

Imo

You need a hotwire kit first and foremost...the pump is having to work overtime by not having enough voltage....second is that you need to verify what pump is in your car. If its stock...sooner or later you are going to have a dead pump...if it isn't you need to hotwire it anyway to feed those 65's. There is no other way around it....
Steve Chambers

I understand I need a hotwire kit 4sure but what i dont understand is it didn't do that before.The fuel pressure has always maintaned under boost the fuse is what has me stumped.Also what is the proper amp fuse for the fuel pump?Thanks for the info!!!

here is a couple of things to check.

That fuse is probably blowing because a positive wire is touching a ground somewhere. I would double check the injector harness, confirm that the harness was not pinched against something when you installed those new injectors.

Also check behind the alternator. There are two jumper harnesses located there. One is a diagnostic lead for the tachometer and the other is for the fuel pump. Make the fuel pump diagnostic lead is not melted from bouncing of the header. I have seen this happen in the past. The fuse would get replaced and then this wire would bounce onto the left hand header and pop the fuse again.

Just thought about it.....

Do you have an engine tiedown or motor mounts (new) that are attaching the engine to the frame....a possible theory could be that when it is at WOT the engine, (if the tie down is not secured or no motor mounts) is simply shifting or raising up on the psg side which would be consistent with the fuel pump lead grounding out....just going through some variables here.....
Steve Chambers

Actually no its not straped down I have one in the garage that will be my next job!!

Sorry Thought 2x

On the drivers side its probably lifting and blowing out the fuel pump test feed....get urself that hotwire kit though....saves alot of ??'s later on?
Good Luck,
Steve Chambers