Fuel pump/filter

BeSerious

I plan on changing the fuel filter on the car and am wondering if I should just replace the fuel pump and get a hot wire kit while I am doing this.

I know the hot wire kit is unanimously recommended, but what If I won't be changing the fuel injectors right away? Is there a downside to this?

Should the FPR be changed along side these other components? I havn't bought anything yet, I just like to have everything I am going to need when I start the project.

I will get the Aeromotive 340 pump and Hotwire, as recommended by other posts, but is there a specific regulator that I should get as well?

Thanks a bunch.

Justin

Changing the fuel pump and hot wire is always a good idea, even if you change nothing else. By all means change the fuel filter. I change mine every year, regardless of how much I drive the car. As far as the reg. goes, go to Kirban's.

Justin , if your going to replace the pump & add a hot wire set up don't stop there . Change the intermediate harness from the hot wire relay to the top of the tank bulk head connector and while you have the tank down check the pins on the bulk head connector. I had a bad connection (burned) at that connector on my WH1 , my GMC truck & my son's S10 extreme. Ractronix has all the parts ....harness part # G7-IPH. Sam

Justin , if your going to replace the pump & add a hot wire set up don't stop there . Change the intermediate harness from the hot wire relay to the top of the tank bulk head connector and while you have the tank down check the pins on the bulk head connector. I had a bad connection (burned) at that connector on my WH1 , my GMC truck & my son's S10 extreme. Ractronix has all the parts ....harness part # G7-IPH. Sam

Great tip Sam.
I'll be sure to do that.

Justin