Fuel pump circuit

just plain john

El Camino a Go-Go!
I need to provide a fuel pump circuit where there was none before. I'd like opinions on how best to do that. I have a hotwire kit in hand that I'd like to use if possible for the circuit.

a little more info would help allot. What do you have going on? I mean, just wire the hotwire to a pump and use a switch to activate the relay. Do you need/want fuel shutoff when the engine stops? Is this for a turbo buick or a tube chassis with no other wiring? You get the picture.

Sorry, I should make myself more clear. I have the complete underhood harness including the map/relay group on the passenger fenderwell, as well as the GN dash and harness. The Elco was carbed, so no fuel pump circuit. I had planned to use a relay near the tank, und use the factory switched relay control wire to turn the relay on and off just as it normally would, but I need to get battery voltage to this relay. I already have a hotwire kit still new in the box and was thinking of using it to feed the line side of the relay, and fab a piece from the load side of the relay to the pump. That should work, right?

absolutely. The hotwire kits just run battey voltage back to the tank and use the factory pump power from the FP relay to activate the hotwire relay if you turn the hotwire kit round so the relay is under the hood you won't have to run the 12volt line from the factory relay back to it. In fact you could swap out the hotwire relay to one that will switch off of the ecu fp signal and mount it in the factory location and have a sock looking setup.