Fuel Pressure

Pwt

I've notice my fuel gauge is reading right at 40psi it was reading 42psi about a month ago.I don't have any driveabilty issues.Im using an extender g chip with 60lb injectors. Does the fuel pressure regulator require adjustments here and there? What should my fuel pressure be at idle?

With the vacuum line on or off? Mechanical or electric gauge? Mounted on the fuel rail or in the cabin? What fuel pressure regulator?

With the vacuum line on or off? Mechanical or electric gauge? Mounted on the fuel rail or in the cabin? What fuel pressure regulator?
Van line on.Mechanical gauge mounted on the fuel rail .I don't know what regulator I have.It has a Allen screw and nut on it.

Those little gauges at the end of the rail are known to be inaccurate and unreliable. Get a real gauge on there and set FP to 43psi line off as a starting point (assuming you have a TT chip).

Van line on.Mechanical gauge mounted on the fuel rail .I don't know what regulator I have.It has a Allen screw and nut on it.
You can't adjust/monitor fuel pressure with the vacuum line on. The pressure will vary depending on engine vacuum. The higher the vacuum the lower the pressure will be. Always check it with the vacuum line off. Gauges on the end of the rail are notorious for being inaccurate and become unreliable due to the vibration they are subjected to. Always set it and check it with the vacuum line off.