Fuel pressure

NorCalTurbos

Slowing down to SPEED UP!!!
Soooo.... Here it is fellas, I checked my fp and it was at 28-30 with vacuum with vacuum off it jumps to 38-40 only mods to the car is 50lb injectors and a TT chip for the injectors. Any help is much appreciated, thanks

Before I ask, I need to ask is the Factory pump still in car? If so, get another pump 340Walbo or Deuschewerk. Hot wire the fuel pump. Most TT chips run on 42+ lbs with vacuum line off. Second, are you sure you do not have a guage or regulator leak?

Soooo.... Here it is fellas, I checked my fp and it was at 28-30 with vacuum with vacuum off it jumps to 38-40 only mods to the car is 50lb injectors and a TT chip for the injectors. Any help is much appreciated, thanks
Actually doesn't seem to be anything really wrong there if the car has the original bosch 233 regulator.

have a look here:
http://www.gnttype.org/maint/quickref.html

And Chuck's recommendation is a good one. Deatschwerks or Walbro with a good hotwire kit like the one from Racetronix.

Before I ask, I need to ask is the Factory pump still in car? If so, get another pump 340Walbo or Deuschewerk. Hot wire the fuel pump. Most TT chips run on 42+ lbs with vacuum line off. Second, are you sure you do not have a guage or regulator leak?
Stock pump still in the car I think it's taking a crap because car is surging a lil that's y I checked the fp

If you have a leaky fuel injector that's dripping fuel into the intake manifold when the car is shut off it will make the car hard to start when it's warm. When it's cold it will practically start before you turn the key, but the hot start is really bad.

If you have a leaky fuel injector that's dripping fuel into the intake manifold when the car is shut off it will make the car hard to start when it's warm. When it's cold it will practically start before you turn the key, but the hot start is really bad.
Injector new now leaks but I know the tps and timming needs to be set could the timming have something to do with it, I have a new coil and module coming I was gonna start there

TPS - I would not think so
Coil /Module -could have temperature related issues. If they did, it would probably be more than just start up related though.

beware the aftermarket coils and modules. The stuff from places like autozone is notoriously unreliable.

You definitely have a fueling issue. I would replace the fuel pump and hot wire the pump. You need to fix the leaking injectors. Also check the schrader valve in the end of the fuel rail.

TPS - I would not think so
Coil /Module -could have temperature related issues. If they did, it would probably be more than just start up related though.

beware the aftermarket coils and modules. The stuff from places like autozone is notoriously unreliable.
Autozone can't even sell me vacuum line

My 85 T is stock and makes around that. 28-35. Doesn't knock and runs fine! Hot air cars are low pressure cars and are way different from 86- 87 cars. You can tell this by the fuel lines exiting and entering the tank. Not high pressure lines! Don't let cold air guys with newer cars tell you your car is suppose to make 42 ilbs of fuel pressure at an idle because hot air cars don't. I have never found what people say stock hot airs make, but everyone on forums is saying they make 28-35, and all 86-87 guys are freaking out saying they need to make 42. However: a Hotwire kit and a performance pump can't hurt. Mine is being ordered next paycheck...

Last edited:
The whole time it was the icm since changing it out the car runs fine, Thanks to everyone who had input I'm still gonna change the fp and hotwire it