Fuel Pressure?

mike

What should my FP be at idle with 50lb inj. and how should I adjust it when boost goes up for the track?

Originally posted by mike
What should my FP be at idle with 50lb inj. and how should I adjust it when boost goes up for the track?

Who says you have to adjust it at the track? When the boost goes up, so does the fuel pressure. If your chip vendor recomends 43 psi, he doesn't know whether you are at the track or on the street. Ask him and listen to his advice.

Running pump gas at the track and turning up the FP to try to counteract the knock you get because you aren't running enough octane is NOT the proper way to tune your car. This is how guys that run 13's with $7K of bolt ons tune their cars. I sometimes want to stooge slap them and throw their little allen wrenchs over the track fence. But that would be assault, so I just let the ricers spank them, instead.

Also check your fuel pressure with the motor off or the vacuum hose unplugged (static fuel pressure). Idle fuel pressure varies with vacuum so it may be RPM related and may not give you a consistant reading.

Thanks guys, not sure about the chip, bought the car with some stuff already done.

Mike, you really need to get a chip burnt for whatever type of injectors you have. The two go hand in hand.:) I wouldn't try & do too much tuning with the mystery chip you have now. It may cause more problems than just getting a new chip for the 50's. HTH:)

Re: Re: Fuel Pressure?

Originally posted by UNGN

I sometimes want to stooge slap them and throw their little allen wrenchs over the track fence. But that would be assault, so I just let the ricers spank them, instead.

Good one!:D

Re: Re: Fuel Pressure?

Originally posted by UNGN
I sometimes want to stooge slap them and throw their little allen wrenchs over the track fence. But that would be assault, so I just let the ricers spank them, instead.

Oh come on UNGN

That "Trailer Park" tuning still has it's place in this world.

I mean....with spark plugs costing more than $1 each what is a guy to do?