Fuel Pressure?

wickedmotorhead

SQWURLY
I have been having a problem with knock readings as soon as I got any boost and it went up with the boost sometimes up to 40!! on the scanmaster. It would also bog and almost shut down. I checked everything I could from my search around here and came to the conclusion it was probably getting starved for fuel, but I dont have a fuel gauge. Today I though if I got the speed up with no boost it would require more fuel and eventually start showing knock. So after about 75mph sure enough retard degrees started to climb immediately and bog the car down. Does this sound like a fuel pressure problem?

I just want some confirmation on my findings. I already got a kit from racetronix for a walboro pump to replace my two pumps that were thrown together in the car before I bought it. They kept the stop in tank and added an external pump which I didnt like. Thanks for your help.

Shane

OK I removed both the pumps and put in a walboro kit from racetronix. The almost dieing and EXTREME KR went away but it still starts to climb from 1 to around 15 KR from 5 psi of boost or if I go faster than 75mph on the freeway with no boost. What should I check next? Does this sound like a fuel problem still. I ordered a caspers fuel pressure gauge, but its on back order. Is there something else I can check in the mean time? I have been driving this for my daily driver, but the last 6 months have been hell with not one day without a problem. I feel like I am getting everything narrowed down hopefully in time for the nicer weather and before my wife divorces me. Thanks.

Did you replace the fuel filter? When my car was running lean under boost, I replaced the filter and all was well.

Maybe something in This link will help you find the reason for your knock retard.

Check all the basics, even the knock sensor torque.

Johnsperformance.com will have the fuel pressure guage.

:)