Fuel pressure too high!!

FattyMcTrickle

So I can't figure out how to get my fuel pressure down, I've gone over every inch of the return line and blown air through it. There are no kinks or squashed rubber hoses yet I still can't get the fuel pressure below 55psi line off. I've got a adjustable FPR and have tried putting the stock one back on but nothing changed. I'm thinking that the fuel pump might just be too much, I think I'm going to take the hotwire off to see if that changes anything.

Fuel setup
Hotwired Walbro from FullThrottleSpeed.com (suposed to be updated 340)
60lb Injectors
Accufab FPR

Remove the return line at the regulator and fun the fuel into a container. If your fuel pressure drops back to normal - it's your return line, replace it. If it stays high - check the regulator - if it's still high - then the pump. I have seen this many times and even when the return line looks OK on the outside, there could be build up on the inside.
I've also seen people mix up the return and vapor hoses back by the tank,

Hope this helps you.

So I can't figure out how to get my fuel pressure down, I've gone over every inch of the return line and blown air through it. There are no kinks or squashed rubber hoses yet I still can't get the fuel pressure below 55psi line off. I've got a adjustable FPR and have tried putting the stock one back on but nothing changed. I'm thinking that the fuel pump might just be too much, I think I'm going to take the hotwire off to see if that changes anything.

Fuel setup
Hotwired Walbro from FullThrottleSpeed.com (suposed to be updated 340)
60lb Injectors
Accufab FPR

If you run out of things to check, borrow another pressure gauge to confirm the accuracy of your gauge. :)

Or verify your gage on the 2 cars of the people you were going to borrow the gages from.;)

On the tank the return line goes in the middle right?
The largest diameter tube is your feed. The smallest tube is your return. The middle size tube is the vapor.

Have a happy Thanksgiving.

I just had this problem at the West Coast Nats in AZ this weekend. First I bought a new AccuFab regulator from Jason Cramer, that wasn't it. Then I borrowed a Fuel gauge from him. That was it!! my gauge was 20psi higher than what the actual psi was. It's a small little liquid filled gauge. Here's a picture of this junk fuel gauge.

Attachments

• fuel guage.jpg
    fuel guage.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 102
  • fuel guage 2.jpg
    fuel guage 2.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 103