Fuel Pressure/Thrasher 92

bwallace

Anyone have any idea what kind of fuel pressure a stock fuel pump can produce? I would like to install the thrasher 92 chip, but am concerned about fuel pressure. I have an AFPR, walbro 340 and hotwire kit, but will be unable to install until my buddy finishes his car and can spend some time at his garage, HOA isn't a fan of my GN. I would like to install the chip and AFPR and see how she performs, but don't want to do any damage. Have a bunch of new parts ready to go, but rather wait than break something. Any idea's appreciated.

Chances are very good your stock fuel pump will not provide the volume of fuel you need. You may be luckier than I, but I know mine did not. I would recommend the fuel pump and hot wire kit as the first mod and would not put the chip in before you put the pump in. You could put the AFPR in, turn your boost down and keep a close watch on fuel pressure (assuming you have a gauge you can tape to the windshield) but I would recommend that you wait a bit and do it the right way.

Put the pump in first! You could put the chip in now and stay out of the throttle, but what are the chances of that happening? ;)

Oh come on Scott, let him put on the AFPR and put the chip in! Get him to promise he'll only "test it" once or twice. ;) Then its back to the garage until the other mods are put on.

Besides, the Thrasher 92 is not that radical. I used one for a year with just a 237 regulator and none of the other mods. No problems.

Oh, BWallace - don't forget the 160* t-stat.