Fuel pressure setting for 009's ( 42.5 lb )

Frank87

Can anyone either point to the post or let me know what the setting should be for 009 injecters. I have the hot wire from Caspers' fuel pump from Red Armstrong also chip from Casper (the adjustable one) also the turbo is a TA49. Everything was purchased new so product failure hopefully not the problem. I am trying to trace down some detonation that just does not want to go away. I have turned up fuel pressure as high as 55 and as low as about 30 still no luck. Also tried playing with setting on chip it is ok at 1 or 2 but no power :-( . I think it is the 10% ethonal that they put in the gasoline here in the Chicagoland area. May try race gas when tank is low on fuel. Or Alky kit??????

what are your 02's at detonation need to be around 780 could be false knock and yes ethanal did make my car detonate. try putting in a gallon of xzylene and see if knock clears up if it doesnt then it would eliminate fuel and would show that its some kind of false knock. did this all of a sudden appear or was this always a problem also what octane are you using?

Knock

Well I want to make sure my fuel pressure is on the money first as far as 02 readings I want to start with the basics first. Than I hook up Turbo link and go from there. Also what is xzylene and where can I get it. It did start all of a sudden that what brought me to believe it is this gasahol that they are selling as 93 octane. A few years ago I had 100 octane in it and I went about 24 lbs of boost and it was fine. See my car has less then 9000 miles on it so it sits over the winter but it was doing this last year also.

Most aftermarket chips are set up for fuel pressure to about 43 psi, line off. If you need to set the pressure at something a lot different from that, then something must be wrong somewhere- do you have scan tool readings to go with the detonation?

Fuel pressure

I have my fuel pressure set in the low to mid 50's I have not hooked up the turbolink yet I may do that this weekend if the weather and time permit. :)

If your chip is set up for 43, and you are using 53, that could very well be the cause of your knock. I guess you never heard of "rich knock"? Let us know what the t-link readings are.