Fuel Pressure Problems

pjnutt

When I got my car out of storage this year I notice it was acting strange under load. Turns out this was due to lean conditions under load. I swapped out the coil pack thinking it was electronic, didn't help.

I then turned attention to fuel. I rented a fuel pressure gauge and noticed my pressure at idle was ~ 32 and it DID NOT increase under load. So, throwing more good money at bad I ordered a new Walbro Fuel pump from Full Throttle. Swapped out fuel pump, sock, and filter. **Note I replaced o-ring, but slid new pump in where old pump was, connections and hose in fuel assembly all looked good**. This did NOT fix my problem. Fuel pump is hard wired, I have an ADJ FPR. Pulled FPR off and replaced o-ring, looked for any blockage, there was none. I am at a loss. So, before I throw more good money at bad, ie, new FRP. What else can I do before buying more unnecessary parts?

Another note, pulled vacuum off of FRP does not seem to affect fuel pressure on gauge, what should it do? My love hate relationship with this car is currently at max hate, please help!

Thanks,
PjNutt

1987 Buick Regal Grand National

Was that 32#s w/vacuum line off? Squeeze off the return line from the regulator and check fuel pressure, it should increase to pump psi @ idle. Also check voltage going to the pump in case a wire or connector came loose or damaged. Make sure the grd wire in the trunk did not come loose.You really need a fuel rail mounted gauge to assist you, and you are sure the rented gauge was good?

Rented Guage was a brand new kit from O'reilleys. Yes. ~30 lbs with vacuum off. I will squeeze and see what I get.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

In tank hose leak..........
Did you not get rid of the pulsator/pump connector, and install the new hose and clamps?