Fuel Pressure Guage

turbokid9765

I'm fairly new to turbo buicks and could benefit from any tips or suggestions. Anyway, I bought a direct mount 100psi fuel pressure guage from postons. I thought i had it on right but when i turned the car on the guage didnt read anything. I guess i was wrong. I was wondering if anyone could give me some directions on how to put this guage on. Thanks.

I think on that one you need to remove the schrader core to read pressure,otherwise just screwing it on the fuel rail is just like putting a cap on it does not depress the schrader.

Are you replacing the FP guage and adding it for the first time?
Did you take the schrader valve out of the end of the fuel rail on the driver side? It is basically the same thing as a tire stem valve and the same tool will unscrew it for you. If it is still in there it will not register any pressure as the fuel cannot get to the guage.

Yes- take out the schrader valve.

I have the same one from Poston's that I bought last fall and installed a couple weeks ago. The blue adaptor that they sent me was wrong; instead of being 1/8th pipe thread on one end and 4AN on the other, It was a straight 1/8th pipe on both ends! Once I got the correct fitting (from a different vendor), it works fine.

John

Yankee John do you remember where you got the correct fitting because i'm having the same problem. Would autozone or any parts store have the right fitting?

Sent you a PM. It was Edelbrock part# 76512, plus I had to get a regular 4AN block off cap. Both off eBay.

John

Yankee John do you remember where you got the correct fitting because i'm having the same problem. Would autozone or any parts store have the right fitting?