Fuel Pressure Gauge Install?

Brutal87

More Money Than Brains
OK. So I bought a rail fuel pressure gauge today, 1 1/2" AutoMeter.. I pulled the cap off the rail to check the size fitting I need.. Now I can't find my damn thread gauge tool!! Can some one tell me what size fitting I need to mount this thing?? It has to be a double female fitting. Straight, 90deg, 45deg.. whatever.. Where can I get it?

Also.. I left the cap off (with the valve sill in it) & tried to start the car... GUSH!!! Fuel just flowed out the rail.. I guess it's a good thing I decided to install a gauge. It wasn't leaking with the cap on. I never would have caught it until it was too late..

Thanks
Carl

Hi,

it is 4 AN thread size. Please find your local air conditioning equipment shop the nipple they use for testing and charging the air conditionin systems in cars. The nipple has also the end which presses the needle of the fuel rail valve in. So you haven´t to take the needlevalve off the rail. Regardless of the problem in your cars fuelrail valve......

The plumbing and hydraulic shops should also have the suitable fitting for your gauge if you can´t get it from gauge manufacturer.

buickin87 said:
Hi,

it is 4 AN thread size. Please find your local air conditioning equipment shop the nipple they use for testing and charging the air conditionin systems in cars. The nipple has also the end which presses the needle of the fuel rail valve in. So you haven´t to take the needlevalve off the rail. Regardless of the problem in your cars fuelrail valve......

The plumbing and hydraulic shops should also have the suitable fitting for your gauge if you can´t get it from gauge manufacturer.

Thanks for the info. ;)

I have a billet adapter machined specifically for this application. It does require removal of the Scrader valve, but we've never had one leak.
The cost is $11 shipped.

Attachments

• Buick FP Gauge & Adapter.jpg
    Buick FP Gauge & Adapter.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 185