Fuel Pressure and idle issues...

Smokin_GN

Only lil girls ride ponys
Well,

I read in a previous thread by a guy "Flaboy" that he is having issues when coming to a stop light, the cars wants to die. I have the SAME problem...vacuum drops to about 8 or less and wants to die, but MOST of the time catches itself and idles fine. when in part throttle all is good!

Now, I think its my pump because I starting knocking really bad recently, and taped my underhood FP gauge to windshield and went for a lil tune session to find out whats up...NO FP INCREASE WITH CORRESPONDING BOOST INCREASE!!

Has to be the pump right??? What you guys think...

Any and all help appreciated.

could be pump and/or fp regulator.

do you have a scanmaster or other tuning device? you probably would want to see what your IAC is set at for the car dieing problem.

could also be the vac line to the regulator....that would mess up the idle also if leaking

crownvic,

yea I got a scanmaster, and IAC is set fine...about 30 when at operating temps (160). Does run a little rich.

The AFPR is new...well about a year old (Accufab). I can adjust the fp, so I figure it wasn't that. Weirdest thing is that it didn;t raise 1psi of FP for every # of boost when I was out driving it.

I just figure its the pump...damn used 340m's! LOL

I'd guess the pump. I just replaced mine because it was only going to 55 lbs at WOT. Hopped in my Red T and it bopped right up to 65. Replaced it with the one from Full Throttle for $100 shipped. Fixed my problem. ;)

mine was doing the same thing (not rising with the boost ) I t was the fuel pump . full throttle sells 340 s for $99.00

Thanks for the info/help everyone. New 340 pump on its way to me as we speak!