Fuel pressur regulator question

missin' 2

I just got a used adjustable billet regulator. I took it apart to check it over before i installed it.

Question is does this hole on the bottom restrict at all. I have 8 an feed and 6 an return. Has anyone drilled it out at all. As of now i don't have any flow/pressure issue.

Attachments

• 1423888171426.jpg
    1423888171426.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 139
That's not what i was asking.

I'm in asking if anyone has ever drilled the hole out for more flow.

set it at your base pressure line off engine running , connect vacuum and it should drop down 1 psi for every 2 inches of vacuum read on vac gauge , if that wont happen the return is still inadequate ,

the regulator is part of the return , no need to modify unless you're trying to run a very large pump (or pumps) at idle and cant get the pressure drop at idle in which case an external regulator would be necessary

the return line is usually the restriction , the hole in the saginaw fitting at the frame rail on stock return lines is much smaller than the regulator and you've eliminated that issue

Last edited:
drilling the regulator came up when guys jumped at the newer hi flow pumps like the deatschwerks and couldnt get their pressure down , the end fix was change the return line , drilling it out didnt help
i run same regulator with the rtx 34olph pump and have no issues with the 6an return 8an feed unless i run two of those pumps at same time

Ok. Kind of what i was thinking. This hole is way bigger than the modified stock regulator i was using.

Good ??? always wondered that myself...............doesn't hurt to have an extra diaphragm on hand as backup.......