fuel press# How much

84wh1

pimp romeo
I was just wondering what I should set fuel pressure at. I think that the stock setting is 41 psi, so what should I set it at? Any thoughts. Thank you in advance.:)

41psi??? I have always heard 28psi is stock. I'd start at 32 static and go from there.

33 to 36 is stock. 38 is a good starting point. Better to start rich than lean.

Marc... Gary @ MGNA replaced my stock regulator with an adjustable one. Before he did, he read the static fuel pressure (take the vacuum line off of the regulator), and the stock regulator was putting out 40psi pretty much right on. So we decided to set the adjustable one to 41 just for the hell of it.

So where abouts do ya live Marc? I just got a turbolink (and a gtech if you're interested :) And could let ya use it. I still haven't done much tuning myself (just put in my walbro 307 & hot wiring kit), but you can take the data from the tlink and post it to people on the net and see what they think... I'd be happy to help if I can. One thing it tells you is your O2 sensor volts, so that'll tell you if you're running lean or rich.

I live in the south end of the city, about 2 mins from pony corral on pembina.

Dave

Hey Dave, I live in North Kildonan, about 5-10 min. from Pony Corral on Nairin. Can you explain to me what the scan tool does? Im not really familliar with what it does? I would love to try the G-Tech and the scan tool if possible. Thanks, dude.

Hey Marc... sounds like the kind of newbie question I would ask :) It's cool to find someone else who isn't WAY beyond my level of knowledge.

Anyway, the scan tool I got is the turbolink, which hooks up to the ALDL connector under your radio, facing the driver side and to a laptop. The Tlink is the only scantool that will work on the 84-85 ecm (or so I'm told), and our ecms don't give much data, but still enough to do tuning, etc.

A scantool basically tells you the data that the ecm is seeing, basically sensor data.

In regular road-mode, the tlink tells you:
O2 Volts (tells you if your running lean or rich)
MAF Sensor reading (how much air in coming in the intake)
BLM (something about block learn, not sure what)
IAC (idle air control - again, not too familiar)
RPM (of the car)
RTD (knock retard- how many degrees of timing the ECM has retarded the timing due to it detecting a knock)

In ALDL mode (sort of a diagnostic mode), you get:
CLTF (coolant temperature)
MPH (speed of the car)
LV8 (something to do with load)
TPS (throttle position sensor - how far the throttle is pressed)
INT (no idea what this is)
ESC# (number of knocks detected by the car's knock detector)
RPM
IAC
MAF
BLM
O2V

I won't be able to help you tune it much (per se), since I have basically no experience with tuning. But what you can do is capture some data, and export it into MS Excel (or other spreadsheet) format. Then you can ask people what the numbers mean, and what are good numbers to get, and how to get em :) Sometimes if you share your readings with people on this msgboard, they'll help ya :)

I'd love to help ya (haven't really even had much chance to meet ya, except for briefly at the MGNA meeting back in June), but don't expect me to have an answer to everyone of your questions, I'm new to this stuff :)

I'm available basically any day after Saturday (sorry, I'll be busy this week with work, then I'm off to the track for saturday), so sometime then would work for me, how does that sound.

My home number is 269-7363. Feel free to call whenever for whatever reason.

Dave