fuel line

gmncop

just changed fuel filter . after checking for leaks found pin hole not even close to filter. remembering when i did fuel pump hard lines conected to hoses.now for the question , is it ok to splice in some hose rest of hard line looks good.thanks in advance

Should be fine for a temporary fix. Just make sure it is specifically for fuel and rated for high psi. Also might want to double clamp it. Should look into replacing all your fuel lines sometime in the future though.

we had to cut my fuel line and put in a temp piece. It works but i would not go long with it. Mine was double clamped and it worked out good when it was on there.

Mines been on over 9 years now.

I have used braided teflon double clamped which is kinda stiff and can be a pain to work with but since mine was free I used it from the gas tank hard line all the way to the fuel filter feed.

Also used fuel injection rated rubber and have three feet of that also on the feed line, easy to install and tie in with double clamps. Easy to fit inside 1" slit heater hose if you want to cover it when tying it to the frame to avoid abrasion.

Gonna replace that with braided rubber fuel inj. rated line soon, not because it needs to be replaced but in case they look at it for racing, and I just got about 10 feet of it free. :cool:

thanks guys appreciate it . I try never to trust my own thoughts when thereis such a wealth of knowledge out there!