Fuel Line Question

TurboBuckeye

Wolf In Sheep's Clothing
I have a badly leaking fuel line just forward of the filter, here's the question...can I cut it and "splice" in a new section using rubber fuel hose as a coupling. In other words butt the two ends of the copper line together inside a section of rubber hose and clamp it tight? I realize this is ghetto as all hell but I need to get this thing on the road so I can get it someplace with a lift and relace the whole line. Any reason this won't work as a band aid fix?

Sure you can.

Cut back to where the steel metal line is good, no rust.

Buy a length of FUEL INJECTION RATED HOSE!!!!!

About $4 a FOOT or so.

Double clamp it at each end with fuel injection rated clamps.

3/8" Line.

Not legal for racing if over 1 ft. is used. ;)

Secure the line to whats left of the old one or use some clamps on it as needed.

You can split open a 3/4" or 1" heater hose and enclose the whole splice in it also for added protection if you want. Tie wrap the fat hose over the added splice.

Prolly last 10 years, at least some of mine did before I just bypassed 4 splices with one long one this year.

You can also use braided rubber hose FUEL INJECTION RATED and double clamp it for about $8 a Foot.

Good luck, file the hoses after cutting them so they are smooth with no burrs, watch for sparks whilst cutting too. :eek: