Fuel Gauge Reading FULL

diomedes

My gauge just started reading full even with key out of the ignition?

I finally got my car tuned, had awesome runs, was real excited, I get to the last stop before my home and boom... my gauge was reading full.

I recently put in a Walboro 340 with Hotwire kit... The plastic bin inside the gas tank was loose but thought that was normal?

What could cause it to read full even with the key off?!?!?!

If there is a break in the system it will have infinite resistance and read over full all of the time. I just fixed the same thing on my car. Check the resistance with a volt/ohm meter at the connector coming from the fuel pump assembly. If the resistance is not infinite just at 90 or so, you could bounce the car up and down and see if the resistance is changing. The float may be stuck on the baffle or something also.

full of fuel(NOT)

Bad ground meaning no ground or break in wiring , Gauge will float to full

diomedes

What did you discover with the fuel gauge problem/ I have a car here reading full all the time.

Thanks
9sec.

What did you discover with the fuel gauge problem/ I have a car here reading full all the time.

Thanks
9sec.

between work and the recent rain here in florida I have not had a chance to play with the car... as soon as I do I will post the progress...