Fuel flow graph for bigger pumps and injectors

87GN_70GS

Here is a chart of fuel flow curves for bigger injectors (70+ #/hr) and pumps (weldon, aeromotive, fuelab, sx, etc). Injectors are at 25 psi boost only, didn't think it made sense to do it for any less. Pumps are at 13.5 or 14 volts. If you're looking to size pumps/injectors, look for a particlular pump and injector curve to cross above 70 psi. Injector curves are shown for 100% dc, your dc may vary (inj curves will shift to the right for less dc). Thought it might be helpful.

Attachments

• Fuel_flow4.jpg
    Fuel_flow4.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 324
I don't frequent these boards, but I stumbled across your post and noticed no replies. This is excellent info and you deserve a thanks for it. It really helped me verify that my injector/pump combo will work out.

Thanks, keep in mind that these particular numbers are for 6 injectors. If you have an 8 cylinder, then increase the injector flow rate numbers at any pressure by 1.333 (8/6) .

That is a great chart i agree, but if the person is concerned about fuel pump noise i would not go with the weldon stuff thats for sure. Now the only way to measure it is to flow the pump in the car with the lines and filters and see if there causing flow drops also. Having a small lines will cause the pump to work mayb 80 psi to get 75 on the other end. Its best to flow it in the car at the desired psi you want to use, while maintaining the voltage with a battery charger. But don;t try and make sparks while doing flow tests in a bottle.:eek:

Yes, I will agree that the fuel lines will cause a difference in the numbers, but how much I don't know. At low flow/pressures I think any difference would be small. At higher flows, it would be greater, so it would be best to plan a bit on the conservative side.