Fuel filter in backwards..

Fast231

Turbo Luvr
So i get the oil changed in the toy today, noticed that my fuel filter was in wrong. (same shop)

Last year thinking my fuel pump was fubared i changed to find out that wasnt the prob...ssssooooo i cant wait till i get off work to see how much of a diff that will make:rolleyes:

114mph in the Q and i was running out of fuel with the 50 lb/hour injectors..... wwweeeee'''lllll seee

James

If you look in the fuel filter inlet, you'll see a metal shroud. This is there so fuel pump pulsations dont pulse apart the filter media. If you'll notice, ALL EFI cars fuel filters are like this. (Least every one I ever saw) The only problem you might have with it in backwards is IF the media started breaking apart, the screens in the injectors could become clogged. Other than that, there should be ZERO difference if its in one way or the other.

If you change the filter your self, beware that it holds about a cup of fuel so get something the catch it or it will be all over the floor.

Thanks for the tips,

Jim I didnt think that shroud would make much of a restriction, but the pulsing of the media make total sence, I'm going to cut the old one open and see what it looks like.

Was wishfull thinking though, still battling running out of fuel with ME on the highest pos, when i should be good fuel wise for 115-120. Best i'v been 12.2@114 on radials, 24lbs boost and 48 psi static (1680 egt's).
(i also tryed lower postions and pressure thinking mabey fuel burning in headers(way rich) but just get's leaner)

Looks as if i'll still be fighting.