Fuel energy accuracy

northerngn

Master Monkeywrench
I'm out of fuel system and a bout to go to the track...
The car was/is set up to run E-85 and had all the fuel i needed when the motor was stock and using a te45a...
Now i have a fully built motor and a billet 67-65...
The question I have is if i change the fuel energy constant from .680 (E-85) to 1.0 (gasoline) how dead nuts will the tune be after that...
I figured id run out all the E-85 and then refill with c16 or something along that line so that my octane will be there but the fuel volume demands will be less...
Open to ideas...maxxed out at 15lbs of boost and fuel pressure is steady...
Would like to run it around 20 or so...

-Dan

I didn't know the fuel energy constant has anything to do with the AFR, do you mean a stoichiometric ratio? Curious

If you change the fuel energy constant number your target afr and base v/e table automatically change to the new settings based on some sort of formula.....try it its actually kinda cool....I simply want to know how accurate this change will be...
esp with the street manners...
-Dan

The VE table will be real close to the new A/F's you will be targeting. You will probably have to slightlt lean out the Target A/F table and play with the timing slightly. If you have any questions Dan, give me a call this morning, because I'm going to be out of the country with several Buick guys for the rest of the week.

Thanks for the info over the phone Cal!

Folks, let me tell you...there are two things, as far as I'm concerned cant be beat...

#1 Cal Hartline
#2 XFI

A truly awesome combo!

-Dan