Fuel Cell Venting...

V6UnderPressure

The Artist FKA Scott4DMny
I am going with a poly fuel cell in the trunk, and I am running all new fuel lines. There will of course be a vented line going outside the trunk area. My question is: Can I get rid of the charcoal canister up front then as the line will no longer be going to it?

coming out of the cell, make a few loops in the line to prevent fuel from spilling out,
run the line through the floor,
along the drivers rail,
into the engine compartment
there is a factory grommet for the speedo
enter the interior,
run it under the carpet
now here is the difficult part, a small hole in the seat will allow you to insert the hose exactly where it belongs every time you sit in the car.

Happy motoring and now you can vent your fumes into the tank!

Throw the canister in the garbage and run a coiled vent line thru the trunk floor. End of problem.

DSC076622.jpg

coming out of the cell, make a few loops in the line to prevent fuel from spilling out,
along the drivers rail,
enter the interior,
run it under the carpet
now here is the difficult part, a small hole in the seat will allow you to insert the hose exactly where it belongs every time you sit in the car.

I was going to install a grommet right next to the cigarette lighter near the radio. Would this be an ideal place?

The vent line, however run, needs a check valve.. AKA: Rollover valve.[-8 is most common]

along the drivers rail,
enter the interior,
run it under the carpet

lmao!

The vent line, however run, needs a check valve.. AKA: Rollover valve.[-8 is most common]

Good point.

When you're upside down with the doors damaged and waiting for help, even after you hit the fire bottle, it's good to know you're probably not going to get roasted in the meantime.

I did the -8AN rollover valve on the top of the tank with a hose that goes out the trunk floor. I capped the line with a small K&N filter. I don't ever drop any fuel out the filter, so I don't see the need for the coiled line.

Dave

X2..

I did the -8AN rollover valve on the top of the tank with a hose that goes out the trunk floor. I capped the line with a small K&N filter. I don't ever drop any fuel out the filter, so I don't see the need for the coiled line.

Dave

Me either.

I've had fuel push out of uncoiled hoses before, but mainly on a plastic cell and in the heat of Summer. It will also siphon out if the fuel level is too high or if you are pointed downhill. Happened to me many years ago in the staging lanes at Maple Grove. A coiled line will prevent this. :cool: