FS: Turbolink scan tool - Complete with Computer and boost harness

Rayk

Let the Boost begin!
I'm selling my Turbolink Version 4 software, cables, boost sensing harness and Micron laptop. This is the most recent version 4.0.5 of Turbolink and I'll include the master disc and a backup disc. It is a complete system in fully operational condition. The laptop is a Pentium II with Windows 2000 professional installed and it shows wear but works fine. I've used it with Turbolink for tuning my car over the past several years. Even the battery holds a charge. I ran it the other day for about a half hour and it still showed 60% battery power remaining.
Price is $175 for the package plus shipping. I'll accept Paypal, Postal money order, or check with time to clear. Please let me know if you have any questions.

IMG_2393.jpg

IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

IMG_2395.jpg

IMG_2396.jpg

I know this is a dumb question, how would you use this to tune your car? Sorry I am still learning about these cars.

I know this is a dumb question, how would you use this to tune your car? Sorry I am still learning about these cars.

Fair question................The display shows all the relevant parameters of the car while it's being driven. The driver can trigger the computer to begin recording all the data and saving it to the hard drive. The trigger can be anything from hitting a key on the laptop to an event like the TPS going full throttle from launching at the strip. When the car is stopped (or when the pass at the track is complete) the recording is ended and the data can be read back on the display one frame at a time so that any problem with performance can be seen.

After a pass at the track, you can see what the O2 sensor readings were all the way down the track and whether or not there was detonation and how many degrees of timing the computer took out to reduce or eliminate the knock. It's invaluable for tuning the car for full throttle operation by adjusting fuel pressure, changing timing or fueling in the chip or raising or reducing boost according to what the O2 voltage is. Turbolink is kind of like what you get with a Scanmaster but with the ability to see and record all the parameters on the display at once.

Turbolink was the first of the recording scan tools which have evolved into the current and popular Power Logger. The Power Logger provides more data at a faster sample rate but the car's ECM must be modified to install the circuit board into it while the TurboLink system hooks up to the ALDL connector like any other scan tool and there are no modifications necessary to the ECM and no wires to add under the dash. I hope this info is helpful.

Thank you and yes this does help. I do have a scanmaster and in your opinion would it be wise to have both?

Thank you and yes this does help. I do have a scanmaster and in your opinion would it be wise to have both?

The Scanmaster is the first step in monitoring the operation of your TR but, it will only display one or two parameters at a time. Most scan tools used for troubleshooting have a dynamic function for recording data while the car is being driven and for future playback. That's what turbolink gives you. And, if you are going to race your TR, I would consider the addition of turboLink or Direct Scan, or Power Logger a must for proper tuning and making sure your engine is running within safe limits (ie not too much boost or timing).

So, the short answer is........if you don't modify your TR or race it, Scanmaster is probably all you need. If you bolt on more power and/or race it, You should have a turbolink or one of the other scan tool options. Good luck with your ride.

I am at work, can I send the money when I get home this afternoon? What is your paypal address?

I am at work, can I send the money when I get home this afternoon? What is your paypal address?

So, sorry, Jason. Trick86 beat you by about 1/2 hour and paypal has been received. Turbolink is SOLD.

Damn! This is the second time this has happened to me that I ask a question first before I buy. I guess I have to say I will buy it, than ask questions.

Damn! This is the second time this has happened to me that I ask a question first before I buy. I guess I have to say I will buy it, than ask questions.
Well, you certainly don't want to buy something before you understand what you are buying so, you did the right thing by asking first. The other gent was just a bit more decisive. You'll score sooner or later. :)