FS: TE-62, 0 miles, rebuilt

85Dan85TType

Selling for $800. That is a shipped price (UPS Ground, w/ insurance & tracking)

Changed the route that my Buick is going, would rather have it near-stock and running than not running and have high peroformance parts on it! :)

I will post up pictures tonight before I go to work, this is a great looking turbo, it has had all holes taped off for about 2 years so that nothing would settle in it. Originally I had planned to use this for my hot-air project, but discovered it was entirely too large. It will need to be reclocked, but anyone that's ever done it will tell you, it's super easy. I bought this turbo from John Craig in '05 if I remember correctly, never got a chance to use it.

3" inlet. Here's some information according to GNTType.org:

Flows 935 cfm
Capable of 630 HP
Good for: Low 11s -high 10s

Non-stock appearing
3 bolt turbo
60-1 compressor wheel

Suggested to be used with:
009 - 55# injectors
2800-3200 stall converter

Here's pics:

2611960220062245582S600x600Q85.jpg

2561638720062245582S600x600Q85.jpg

2611968490062245582S600x600Q85.jpg

Let me know what you think. Price IS negotiable!

te 62 turbo

Hello 85dan85ttyp3: This is Jerry Berger. I might be interested in your turbo. Who did the rebuild on the turbo?. Are there any problems with the turbo? This turbo would work good on my current settup. Thanks Jerry Berger

Hi Jerry,

The turbo was sent to John Craig at Limit Engineering, not sure if it was him or someone else there that did it. The turbo was never used on the car, it is too big to fit with the stock hot-air setup, which made me laugh, but at the same time sucked.

I know of no problems with the turbo, as I never was able to run it. This is a 0 mile turbo. As soon as I saw it wouldn't work with my set-up, I put that green painters tape over all the openings to keep dust and stuff out. It has sat in a box in the family room ever since. :frown:

If you're really interested, I'll be in town until late tomorrow night. If you haven't made up your mind by then it can wait until I get back (from Hawaii) on the 12th.

TE-62 turbo

Hello again 85Dan85TType: Dan I have a question. I have a Terry Houstion 3-1/2 inch downpipe. Just from looking at pictures it appears that the puck hole is much larger than stock. Will the puck on my downpipe work? What were you going to use for a wastegate. I did not really want to run an external; just because of the extra expense. Are there any alternatives . What downpipe were you going to run?
Please let me know; what will work. Thanks Jerry Berger

I was using a Keith Mease (spelling?) 3" downpipe before, and the two mated up to each other just fine. I imagine it would be the same deal with a TH. The puck is indeed larger than normal, but not so large that you would have any problems, methinks. I was not planning on running external either.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Don't feel rushed since I'm heading out. I'm not too concerned as long as I sell it before the end of the summer. :)

-Daniel

TE62 Turbo

Hello Daniel: I need to check to make sure my downpipe will work. If my down pipe will work I will take it. I will check this out while you are out of state. Email me at buickhotair@yahoo.com When you return home from your trip . I will be waiting for your email. By the way this is not for a horair car; but I do have three hotair cars. Thanks Jerry Berger

Awesome, look forward to hearing from you when I get back!

Edit: The puck opening measures exactly 1" in diameter, hope it helps!