FS: 86 Monte Carlo Complete Rolling Chassis/Frame in NJ

83StreetMachine

Hey guys!

I have a complete rolling chassis from an 86 Monte Carlo LS that I parted out a while ago. The car had a 305/200r4 combo and was never wrecked. I was planning on saving this to do a frame off but plans have changed so here it is for sale!

It is complete, all the brakes, suspension and plumbing are still present. It's in very good shape with only a few of the body mount holes oblonged. Very common, and all are easily fixed with a welder and a washer. Rear frame rails are solid and still have the factory undercoating on them.

$350 OBO. Bring your trailer and I'll help load it up with you! Please feel free to PM me any questions or requests! Same frame that's under all Buicks!!

SOLD!!!

Last edited:
Glad ya posted pics.. Someone might have been pissed when they saw it in person. ummm looking at the forth pic there is a rot hole.. The frame mount holes are not ob longed they are rotted. :rolleyes:

Glad ya posted pics.. Someone might have been pissed when they saw it in person. ummm looking at the forth pic there is a rot hole.. The frame mount holes are not ob longed they are rotted. :rolleyes:
Yes sir sure are
Good for scrap!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks for your opinions even though nobody asked for them. I'm not looking to hide anything, thats why I have had the pics posted since I listed it for sale. If you have never had your body off the frame I can almost guarantee that you have one or more of your body mount holes that look exactly like the ones on this frame. Perhaps you should just keep your comments to yourselves or just look up the definition of oblonged.

Thanks for the free bumps!

I have had probably 50 g bodies off the frames in the last 10 years and they all look like this !!!! This is normal in the northeast since we don't live in a desert and the car that came from probably was driven year round.

Your frame is well worth the money. G body sells the frame washers for $7 each.

I routinely see frames missing a foot or 2 or rear rails and rear bumpers falling off the cars.

Put it on craigslist and be patient and you will get your $300

Good luck

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Yes it is common up in snow zones. Ya you can fix them.. BUT when there is a rot HOLE so whats the rest like ?? Thats why ya get something from a rust free state. Ohhh well good luck with the sale .

I agree with ttaowner, same here. I've seen them like this and worse. $300.... if you were closer I would be picking that up today. Good luck with the sale.

Grumpy, I don't "need" it per say, just wanted another frame to blast, box, and modify so I can swap out the wagon frame one for one. Just convenience, lol

LOL - indeed.
Even if the holes on another frame are not oblonged or rotted (whichever) - I make it a habit to weld in new frame washers anyway - before powder coating or painting.
Chances are pretty high you are going to be boxing and welding in some additional bracing anyway - so why not renew and beef up the bushing holes while you're at it.
They're darned near paper thin from the factory
The value of this piece is you don't have to mess with taking a body off it - it's ready to go. More or less.
I've heard the dirt track guys buy these all the time.

The only downside to buying a frame or rolling chassis - is you then have to start looknig for a body; and then before you know it, you're sucked into another project.

Good luck with your sale.