FS: 1993 Blk/Blk Typhoon Wichita, KS

purdaddy

Up for sale is this 1993 Black/Black GMC Typhoon

Runs and drives and still gets a ton of compliments and heads still turn as she goes by.

Currently has a hair under 143,xxx miles. I bought this Ty on eBay about 2 years ago. It has been garaged since I bought it and has basically sat in the garage the last 9 months, taken out only to open it up and keep things decently fresh. It runs and drives decent and 1st-2nd kick is very strong. Clear title, but does have a lien.

I'd rate the truck as follows:
Exterior 7/10
Interior 8.5/10 (fantastic!)
Engine 7/10 (throttle body, see below)
Drivetrain 8/10
Handling 6.5/10 (it's a truck!)

Comes with the following extras:
1) Installed data cable with serial connection
2) New Thermostat and o-ring
3) New Johnson intercooler/water pump
4) New inline fuel filter
5) Blazer/Jimmy/Typhoon Haynes Manual
6) Random replacement light bulbs
7) White Faced Dash Gauges

Recent work:
1) Replaced plugs/wires/cap/rotor
2) Had it tuned
3) 4-wheel balancing after the front end lowering
4) Replaced the drivers side window motor
5) Recently replaced 800cca battery with nationwide 3 yr warranty

Problem Areas (I want to be upfront with everything I know):
1) Throttle body needs rebuilt. Engine runs good when mid temp, meaning that once it's warmed up a couple of minutes its ECU figures out where the air/fuel mix should be and it runs good. But then when it gets too hot the shaft barrel of the throttle body (which is all steel) expands, but the aluminum butterfly throttle plate shaft that goes thru that barrel doesn't, creating a small boost leak under pressure. Rebuilding that shouldn't cost more than a couple hundred dollars. There's a guy in TX that'll do it with a nice port/polish for $150.
2) Keyless Entry is spotty. Works sometimes, doesn't work sometimes. Can't figure it out.
3) No Radio - Just transferred my flip screen out of it.
4) Has some rust spots that were there when I bought it. No worse now, just never had them fixed.
5) Some scratches here and there and front fascia above the grill has stone chips from highway driving (most of the miles are highway)
6) Center Arm-Rest Console lid hinge and rear driver's side ashtray broken. Easy replace/fix, but I'm banned from super glue so we'll see if that's fixed or not prior to sale. Still works and latches, just has a broken hinge from someone trying to lift it from front to back instead of from the side.
7) Could use an alignment. Could be negotiated into the deal for the buyer (read "you buy it at my asking price and I'll have it done"
8) Missing ARE Center Cap from Passenger front wheel. (see pics) This should be able to be picked up for less than $50. I've seen and bid on them on eBay but never won
9) Cladding on front passenger side wheel well is a little loose (not bad) and sticks out about an inch from the body

Asking $6200 (Also willing to entertain trade offers for sport, sport touring, or cruiser bikes)

Located in Wichita, KS. Willing to ship (buyer pays shipping costs).

Shoot me an email or PM me w/any questions.

arc086.jpg

arc136.jpg

More pics available.